Monday, June 06, 2011

Just another task

The steam from the water flowing into the sink floats up past my face as I study the blood in my hairline. I raise the rag and begin to work the dried blood away from the caked hair and the edges of the small cut, the hair pulls and the heat from the rag stings as it touches the still seeping wound. But the pain isn't enough to make me stop, this is just another task, just another thing that I have to do. Minutes later I finish cleansing the wound and disinfect it. There! Now it isn't as noticeable. I rinse the blood from the rag and study my face in the mirror, at least you won't be able to see this scar.

Finish preparing for my day. Head off to eat before orientation later.

Wounds shouldn't be something you are accustomed to.

2 comments:

LadyAnne said...

I think it is time for an intervention...

Honey, are you being abused?



LOL. *MOCK* *MOCK* *MOCK*


dessestt- What you have after dinning..

Royn-Ber Wendjaifa said...

This is really super...

Cosmongony

Cosmongony
The Expanses of my Mind.