Friday, February 24, 2012

Freedoms

I would like to write for a few minutes about the freedoms that I enjoy and employ.

I love* the freedom that having a motorcycle gives me. I enjoy the control it gives me over my speed and direction, as well as the ability to rapidly change both with minimal effort.
I put the risers on my handlebars tonight; they much improve the bike. Love them, and slightly proud of myself for managing it.
I enjoy the air in my face and hair, I enjoy the way I am solely responsible for the way the bike handles beneath me. I cannot begin to describe the depth of the affections I feel towards motorcycles, and riding.

There is another freedom that I love that encompasses the previously listed one.

I love the freedoms that I have bestowed upon me by the nation in which I live. I have the freedom to enjoy the freedom of my motorcycle, and to modify, ride, and go when and where I want to, because I live in what is (Or was) the best country on this earth.

The last freedom, is one that I love, and is one that is optional, and yet I choose to employ it.

I love the freedom that I have, and I am proud of the freedom that I have, that I don't have to park my motorcycle in front of a bar for four or five hours on a payday Friday to try to numb the guilt in the my heart, and the pain in my life.
I am free from the chains and bondages of sin. I have no fear of guilt or pain from sins past, present, or future, because of the hope that I have in my Lord Jesus Christ.

I am free. But I am a slave.

I am a slave of love, A slave by choice.

I have chosen to bind myself to Christ and to be His.

I am a free man by birth, and by second birth.

I am a slave by choice. A slave without chains.

I am a free slave.

*Yes, I am working my way away from using the word "love" to describe things when it is not 100% accurately how I feel about it, but I feel that it applies in these situations.

No comments:

Cosmongony

Cosmongony
The Expanses of my Mind.