Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gypped

A few weeks ago I jokingly told my mother that I felt I had been gypped on intelligence. (Reasoning below)

I have begun to think that maybe I was right...

-----------------------------
See, I've got 7 siblings. That means 8 of us total. So here is my reasoning:
Mom knew she was going to have a bunch of kids, so she stored up a bunch of intelligence to give them, and when my oldest brother came along, he got a good dose. (He's wicked smart... CNO at TypeFrag.com or something like that. He also taught for Microsoft.)
Then comes my oldest sister, and she got a good dose too. (Master's degree in some sort of child development/counselling)
Then my next oldest brother, and he got a good dose. (4+ degrees, deployed Navy Reserves)
Then another brother, a good dose for him. (2 degrees, IT support at the corporate offices of one of the biggest car dealerships in Oklahoma. AND musically talented beyond imagination.)
Then another sister, and she got a good dose. (Going for equine surgeon, musically talented.)

Now that's five kids right there, all with good doses of intelligence, and I think maybe mom didn't realize just how much she had given each of them... Because then I come along at number six, and I get the dregs of the lot.

At this point, mom realizes her mistake, and builds up a bunch more intelligence for the next kids to come along. (Too late for me)
Younger brother = Great dose! Smartest of the lot, I think he got intelligence equal to three of the others... 
Younger sister = good dose! 
Both of the younger are currently in college, and are going to go much farther than I ever will.

So I was just the unlucky number 6.
Gypped. :/

2 comments:

. said...

You just got the good dose of crazy ;)

Cease said...

I guess I can agree with that. ;)

Cosmongony

Cosmongony
The Expanses of my Mind.