Sunday, May 20, 2012

Groundhog day

In the movie Groundhog Day, Bill Murray's character is inexplicably sentenced to relive one day until he learns his lesson and makes/does things right.
It never says exactly how many tries it took him to get it right.
First he in confused and so just plays along, sarcastic and snidely.
Then he tries all number of things, every morning only to wake to find that he is back in his bed on the morning of the day that keeps repeating.

----------

I think I have found myself sentenced to something similar. Not repeating a day, but a set of circumstances. I would disagree with myself on this, but after the fifth time, it's a pretty clear pattern.

So rather than resign myself to this punishment, I refuse to allow that set of circumstances to come upon me again.

Unlike Murray's character, I don't have the resilience to maintain my sanity through any more cycles - I would end up a sobbing, incoherent ball. (I'm pretty close to being one now)

I can't let my heart break any more. Sometimes, things get broken too many times to be fixed.


No comments:

Cosmongony

Cosmongony
The Expanses of my Mind.