Monday, July 25, 2011

Epic Weekend

Lot of stuff happened this weekend!

First off, God gave me the Mean Streak that I wanted. No sooner had I given up on it and given it over to Him, than He turned around and made it possible for me to get it. She is so beautiful! I named her Medusa. It fits her very well. I may try and post a picture or two later on.

This weekend was also the weekend for me to go down to Durant to take my MSF course. So Friday after work, Em and I hit the road down 177 and took an awesome road trip! We got to the class a few minutes late because we had some trouble finding it. But it wasn't a big deal, the instructor turned out to be a great guy. He was in the army and was a police officer. He was a Christian guy and made a point of praying for the whole class after we finished on Saturday. But I'm getting ahead of myself..
Friday evening in the class was good, we covered all of the questions that might be on the state written exam, watched videos and listened to a lot of funny stories. Em and I were so tired, we had to stand up sometimes to keep from falling asleep.

Shawn showed up to take Seth's spot in the class, and that night we rode home with him and left our bikes at the school. Friday evening we just went to bed. Saturday morning we were up and going at 6 and picked up our bikes and met the rest of the class at the instructor's church to do the riding portion. Em and I had the largest and nicest bikes there. Everyone was duly impressed. :)

Fast forward to about 12:30 and we were finishing up. I now feel a lot more comfortable on my bike and I can control her a lot better. One of the last maneuvers he had us do, was to ride a figure 8 inside a box the size of 3 parking spaces and it was nearly impossible, especially on my big bike... and after the class he told us that the actual state requirements say that the box should be 8 feet longer and 12 feet wider than the one he had us do it in. and that you could even use the whole parking lot, as long as you are able to do a figure 8. (It was humorous, he was ready to run away from us)

So, Saturday afternoon we went back to Laura and Shawn's and Laura had lunch ready for us, so we chowed down on some good food! After that we just relaxed for a few hours, and then went out and went swimming in their big in ground pool for three hours. That was totally awesome! After swimming, we went and rented Tangled and came back to watch it and eat tacos. Then bed.

Sunday morning we had a big breakfast and then got ready to hit the road again. We ended up leaving at 11 and it took us 5 hours to get back because we stopped several places and took the long way home... We are both so sunburned now! My arms are all blistered and sore. I don't thing Em blistered, but she was burnt too.

It was an amazingly fun and relaxing weekend! God is so good to bless us like this!

No comments:

Cosmongony

Cosmongony
The Expanses of my Mind.