Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sadness Sometimes Brings Happiness

Monday evening we had a ride planned with Em, Chase, Joe and we were going to head to Mustang to meet one of their friends, Keith, and from there we would all ride out west somewhere for a nice evening ride.
So in preparation for the ride, I put oil in the bike, fueled up, added sea foam to the fuel. Checked everything to be sure it was good, and it all seemed to check out.
I met Em at her place at 1830 and we met up with Joe and Chase a little while later and hit the road for Mustang... we had no problems up until we were about five minutes from Keith's house... and as we turned the corner my bike spewed forth a cloud of smoke and died on me.
After a few minutes of troubleshooting I managed to get it the rest of the way to Keith's where we diagnosed it as probably a blown gasket or some such. (Possibly caused by overfilling the oil)
When we got to Keith's we found out that he was not going to be able to go on the ride with us. But he offered to allow me to ride his bike so that we could still go.
Initially I declined.

I was off making arrangements for mom to come and pick me up, when I turned around and noticed Keith in the garage pulling the cover off of his bike showing it to Em, I heard her say "oh no" and then I saw the bike...
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2053 Vance and Hines pipes, bags, windshield bag, custom handmade leather seat, sissy bar, wide tires 27k miles.
Keith says "you sure you don't want to ride? It might be for sale if you like it"
So now I'm working at getting a loan to buy this beautiful beast of a bike!

It is huge! But not so huge that I can't handle it. :)

No comments:

Cosmongony

Cosmongony
The Expanses of my Mind.