Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Friends

Friends are great to have.
God gives us the capacity to have relationships for our own benefit, but also the benefit of others.
If all you ever look at in a friendship is how it can be positive for you or how good it is for you. Then you are a selfish ogre and don't deserve friends.

True friendship goes both ways. You can be both a giver and a taker. But you should never have to take from a true friend, they give willingly. As should you. Friends should be a source of comfort and unconditional love, but should also be steel, to sharpen and refine you.

Friends sometimes come and go in your life. But then there are friends who come into your life and are a steady point, who remain consistent and true, regardless of what life brings. That is the kind of friend I strive to be. But I am not afraid to let go of a friendship when the time comes. For I know that my God has a plan in all things.

I have a friend who came into my life early on, but then we drifted apart for a long time. Now God has rekindled this relationship into a stronger friendship than we could have had had we remained close all of those years we were apart.

I am humbled yet again and reminded that I am not skilled to understand His plan. So I can once again stop pretending I do.

I am blessed with amazing friends. I strive to be a blessing as well.

No comments:

Cosmongony

Cosmongony
The Expanses of my Mind.